1. He’s baffled high schoolers for God-knows how many years with Oedipus Rex
2. They aren’t really sure how he died making him mysterious~
3. Many of your favorite books stem from his tragic hero, Oedipus.
4. You wish the screenwriters today could write something half as shocking and amazing (no mater how many times you read it) as Sophocles’s works.
EDIT: Happy Late Mother’s Day Everyone. Don’t go out and kill your father and unknowingly marry your mother.
#5 William Dampier
- First person to circumnavigate the world three times. He knows how to get around curves.
- A pirate AND a scientist. Arrrr, I’d let him research me all day long…
- Coined the words ‘barbecue’, ‘avocado’, and ‘chopsticks' Mmmm.
- Inspired the story of Robinson Crusoe.
We all hope you had a good AP Euro/APUSH/IB Americas testing!
Or whatever you’re going through right now.
#4 Gerald Ford
1. He was a football player.
2. He was in the Navy (and he was a FINE specseaman ;) )
3. He pardoned Nixon is hopes to help America move on from Watergate and heal.
4. He put America before his party, before himself.
5. EVEN HIS NICKNAME WAS: MR. NICE GUY. WHO DOESN’T LOVE A NICE GUY?
(Sorry for being gone so long. We’ll try to update more frequently now).
Bangable Woman in History #3: Émilie du Châtelet
”A great man whose only fault was being a woman.” -Voltaire
1. A woman that pursued knowledge during a period of time in which women weren’t academically respected.
2. Voltaire was one of her lovers.Bonus Points.
3. Used math to make back money that she lost playing cards.SMARTIE.
4. Those French people sure knew how to make low-cut dresses. T_T
Sometimes when you start things with a group…it’s best to make decisions within a group.
If you see a mistake, fix it. Do not dwell on it.
EDIT: There is not an Ask box for followers if they have submissions or just notice mistakes.
HAVE A NICE DAY EVERYONE.
#3: John F. Kennedy
Fashion wasn’t the only reason why everyone desperately wanted to be Jackie O.
1. President of the U.S.fuckin’ A!
2. He’s a real target; killers want him dead. women want in bed.
3. Ohh la la. That sexy combed up sixties suave hair.
4. This man lead us through turbulent times - Vietnam war, the space race, civil rights, hippies. Need I say more?
Bangable Woman in History #2: Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
- She’s Jacqueline Kennedy, your arguments on wanting to bang any other first ladies are now proven invalid.
- DAT HAIR. DOHSE EYES. DAT POSE.
- Everyone and their mothers dressed like her.
- SHE IS FUCKING HOT.